Archive for March, 2011


Hi Fellow Stampers!  I wanted to share this scene with you and tell you how I did it.  The figures at the bottom are a digital stamp by Elizabeth Bell, and it’s “mixed” with a landscape scene that is primarily Stampscapes.   The original is 8″ x 10″ and was really fun to do, but it took several hours. It is colored with a mixture of copic markers and dye inks using a colorbox stylus with a sponge on the end.   Here’s how I did it.

First, I stamped the major portions of the scene on a piece of plain copy paper to get placement and determine where to put the digital stamp.  Here is a reduced copy of that worksheet.  If you click on the image, you can view a larger version.

The bridge on the upper left of the scene is by A Stamp In the Hand, the bushes in the upper left is a small foliage stamp by Art Impressions, and all the rest of the stamps can be found at http://www.stampscapes.com.

Starting with a clean sheet of Neenah Classic Crest, I then printed the digital image at the bottom, roughly in the spot where the hand drawn rectangle is.  Then using the worksheet as a guide, I built the scene around the figures.  The “blanket” is handrawn with a pencil.  I colored the blanket with B21, and made the plaid by using a newly filled colorless blender, and drawing vertical and horizontal stripes with the larger tip of the blender pen.  I didn’t outline the edges with a black sharpie extra fine pen until I had completed the scene, because I was afraid it might bleed with my copic markers.

The sky and clouds were sponged  in shades of blue and pink dye ink using a torn paper towel to create cloud shapes.  I also sponged in some very pale green in part of the grassy areas.  Then I got out my copics and colored everything else.  I decided that I needed a bush in the middle ground in the approximate center, and created it with the small foliage stamp done repeatedly.  Here is where I almost ruined my whole scene.  I stamped it too many times, and it looked like a big blob of black.  Oh No!  By this time I had put hours into it.  So I stamped the bush again on a separate piece of card stock, colored it, cut it out and tried pasting it on top of the scene.  Here’s what that looked like:

Well, the color’s better, but it still sticks out like a sore thumb.  I was devastated.   All that happened yesterday, so I put it away, determined to figure out how to salvage my scene.  This morning when I got up I had the fix!  I removed the pasted on bush, used household bleach and a paint brush and bleached out the over-colored image .  Then I re-stamped and colored it as it appears in the final scene.  I was pretty happy with the result.  The last thing I did was color the digital image and add the birds in the sky.    I used many colors of copics on the scene, so won’t try to list them all; but the yellows on the focal image are Y13, Y15, & Y17.  The browns in the pants and hair are E29, E25, and E53.  I used mainly G40, G24, G82, YG23 and YG03 on the foliage, B21 for the water, and E11 and E00 on the skin.    I hope you like it, and I’d love to hear your comments.  Until next time, Happy Stamping!

Stamp Credits: House Mouse and Friends, Stampscapes, Sign Unknown

This is a scene I did for a swap at the StampscapesII yahoo group.  My swap partner, who lives in The Netherlands,  has received the original so now I can post it.  The scene had to have a church somewhere in it, and use stampscapes.com stamps, but they could be mixed with other stamps.  I got the idea for this from a friend named Pat Moore, who did a scene where this cute little mouse was painting a barn red.  I still have to CASE that one, it was sooooo cute.  This original scene is 5″ x 7″, but I reduced it to save loading time here.  I used a mixture of Copic markers and adirondack dye inks to color the scene, and it is stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black dye ink on Cryogen paper.  I’d love to hear what you think of it.  Until next time, Happy Stamping!