Hi Fellow Stampers!  I wanted to share this scene with you and tell you how I did it.  The figures at the bottom are a digital stamp by Elizabeth Bell, and it’s “mixed” with a landscape scene that is primarily Stampscapes.   The original is 8″ x 10″ and was really fun to do, but it took several hours. It is colored with a mixture of copic markers and dye inks using a colorbox stylus with a sponge on the end.   Here’s how I did it.

First, I stamped the major portions of the scene on a piece of plain copy paper to get placement and determine where to put the digital stamp.  Here is a reduced copy of that worksheet.  If you click on the image, you can view a larger version.

The bridge on the upper left of the scene is by A Stamp In the Hand, the bushes in the upper left is a small foliage stamp by Art Impressions, and all the rest of the stamps can be found at http://www.stampscapes.com.

Starting with a clean sheet of Neenah Classic Crest, I then printed the digital image at the bottom, roughly in the spot where the hand drawn rectangle is.  Then using the worksheet as a guide, I built the scene around the figures.  The “blanket” is handrawn with a pencil.  I colored the blanket with B21, and made the plaid by using a newly filled colorless blender, and drawing vertical and horizontal stripes with the larger tip of the blender pen.  I didn’t outline the edges with a black sharpie extra fine pen until I had completed the scene, because I was afraid it might bleed with my copic markers.

The sky and clouds were sponged  in shades of blue and pink dye ink using a torn paper towel to create cloud shapes.  I also sponged in some very pale green in part of the grassy areas.  Then I got out my copics and colored everything else.  I decided that I needed a bush in the middle ground in the approximate center, and created it with the small foliage stamp done repeatedly.  Here is where I almost ruined my whole scene.  I stamped it too many times, and it looked like a big blob of black.  Oh No!  By this time I had put hours into it.  So I stamped the bush again on a separate piece of card stock, colored it, cut it out and tried pasting it on top of the scene.  Here’s what that looked like:

Well, the color’s better, but it still sticks out like a sore thumb.  I was devastated.   All that happened yesterday, so I put it away, determined to figure out how to salvage my scene.  This morning when I got up I had the fix!  I removed the pasted on bush, used household bleach and a paint brush and bleached out the over-colored image .  Then I re-stamped and colored it as it appears in the final scene.  I was pretty happy with the result.  The last thing I did was color the digital image and add the birds in the sky.    I used many colors of copics on the scene, so won’t try to list them all; but the yellows on the focal image are Y13, Y15, & Y17.  The browns in the pants and hair are E29, E25, and E53.  I used mainly G40, G24, G82, YG23 and YG03 on the foliage, B21 for the water, and E11 and E00 on the skin.    I hope you like it, and I’d love to hear your comments.  Until next time, Happy Stamping!

Advertisements